- Send a message by completing Subject and Mail Message.
- Select Sort/Send Mail above or at the bottom of the page
to send an e-mail message to the mailing list selected in the Mailing Lists - Message File drop down select.
- Complete Name and E-mail Address in the text inputs
and select Send Message above or at the bottom of the
page to send an e-mail message to an individual.
- Text in the Mail Message and Signature fields will print to mail
messages as it appears within their respective <TEXTAREA> inputs.
- If you cut and paste paragraphs into the Mail Message or Signature field
containing line lengths greater than 70 columns, either remove the line
termination characters from these long lines or add and remove line termination
characters to properly format the paragraph.
- Paragraph line lengths are reformatted to 70 columns during Sort/Send Mail
or Send Mail.
Line termination characters detected within paragraphs are not altered.
- If you use repetitive character strings to separate sections of text, limit
these character strings to 70 characters per line.
- Increasing the value of $message_columns in ws_mail.setup (currently set at 70)
will increase the number of columns for the Subject, Mail Message,
and Signature fields.
- Occurrences of ~~FIRST~~ ~~FULL~~ ~~EMAIL~~ found in the
Subject, Mail Message, and Signature fields are
replaced with the list member's first name, full name, and e-mail address respectively.